1. Day care School – According to research carried out recently, many Kenyans have started trusting day care schools. This indicates that there is a huge potential of parents paying up to Ksh. 30, 000 per week/child depending on the location. What do you need to start this business? Simple, a clean well ventilated room with adequate security and you are good to go. One can make up to one million clean money out of this business. Although you will have to build trust with parents.
2. Join a sacco – Did you know that in Kenya you can join a sacco and borrow 5 times the amount borrowed? This will allow you to expand your business with some good capital and with low interest rates. If you ask me, currently STIMA SACCO is the best FMCG supplier. Yeah, for only 50k you can become a leading supplier of BIDCO prducts, COCACOLA, RAMCO & CROWN GROUP. There are usually TWO ways of doing this; one is by being subcontracted by an existing agent, or going solo by buying as a whole seller.
3. Movie Shop – According to a research carried out by Hollywood, Kenya is number four in Africa as a market for film products. That is after, S. Africa, Egypt and Nigeria. If you can manage to get a small capital of 30k, you can earn as much as 4k daily through this business.
4. Coffee Shop – Coffee taking is fast becoming popular here in Kenya. You can identify a strategic place in your locality and start this business. If you don’t believe me find out how the now famous JAVA entrepreneur started and where he is now.
5. Buying of Stock at the NSE – Although this venture is a bit risky, but it is worth taking. They say one of the functions of entrepreneurs is to take risks. after all for me life itself is a risk. Look out for the best performing stocks such as SAFARICOM or BAT and contact your broker or investment bank to start trading.
6. Errand Boy/Girl: Peak time 8.00 am and 5.00 pm. This will actually involve you looking for parking spots on behalf of your clients. In case you haven’t noticed, many people struggle so much to find place to park their cars. You can take this advantage and maybe charge 50 bob per client and believe by the end of the day you will have not less than 5k.
There are many other ways of making money rather than sit there and start pitying yourself or wining about someone who refused to help you. For more business ideas please stay in touch.